Multi Sensor DetectorIntelligent Multi-Criteria / Multi-Sensor Detectors
Our most advanced intelligent spot detectors, multi-criteria devices use multiple sensors to detect multiple conditions and sense a wider range of fires with greater accuracy. Our Advanced Multi-Criteria Fire/CO Detector is also a multi-sensor technology that combines both multi-criteria fire detection and life safety carbon monoxide (CO) detection in a single device.
Multisensor Detector comprises optical smoke and thermistor temperature sensors which give both a combined signal as well as a separate heat signal for improved false alarm management.
- Ideal for a wide range of applications
- Enhanced false alarm management
- Recommended, in specific modes, for hotel bedrooms and hospital wards
- Unaffected by wind or atmospheric pressure
- Well suited for sensitive environments
- Multiple response models
- Heat only and optical only options
- Remote test feature
This plug-in fire detector combines four separate sensing elements in one unit:
- Photoelectric chamber senses airborne particulate for smoke detection,
- Electrochemical cell technology monitors carbon monoxide (CO) produced by smoldering fires,
- Infrared (IR) sensing measures ambient light levels and flame signatures,
- Thermal detection monitors temperature.
The integration of continual monitoring for all four major elements of a fire has enabled System Sensor to create a detector that responds more quickly to an actual fire with the highest immunity to nuisances. This advanced multi-criteria detector normally operates at a high immunity level and changes to become very sensitive to fires as soon as fire characteristics are sensed. In this way, nuisances are monitored and ignored, reducing false alarms.