Fire Hose Reel
Fire Hose Reels provide a reasonably accessible and controlled supply of water to combat a potential Class A fire risk. Various types of Fire Hose Reels are available to meet specific needs. A control nozzle attached to the end of the hose enables the operator to control the direction and flow of water to the fire.
Fire hose reels located in buildings can be used by building occupants to fight fire, providing it is safe to do so. They are located to provide a reasonably accessible and controlled supply of water to combat a potential fire risk, especially where building occupants are trapped and cannot escape to an emergency exit.
Fire hose reels are manufactured to comply with local requirements. They are connected to the mains water supply or Fire Systems, and are either wall-mounted or in cabinets. They require appropriate signage indicating their location and suitability. The length of a fully extended fire hose is between 18 and 36 meters with a diameter of 13, 19mm or 25mm.
Hose Reel Operation
- Fire hose reels are all very similar in operation.
- Ensure the nozzle or jet is in the closed position
- Turn on the main valve (some will not let the nozzle out until this is done)
- Reel out the hose, towards the fire
- Open the nozzle or valve and direct the stream of water at the fire, from a safe distance.
The Fire Hose Reel features:
- A unique ball valve shut off device, ensuring the maximum flow of water is available to the hose with one movement of a lever
- A solid brass hose nozzle
- Quick and easy installation using our simple wall mounting bracket
- Stainless steel Fire Hose Reels are also available on request for severe environmental applications such as marinas
Want to know more about Fire Hose Reel?