Manual call points are used to initiate an alarm signal, and operate by means of a simple button press. They can form part of a manual alarm system or an automatic alarm system. There will be an indicator on the monitoring unit for visual indication to locate the call point easily, and there should be a visual identifier of the unit which triggered the alarm, typically a mechanical flag which operates on a latch and must be manually reset, e.g. by a key.
The call points can be supplied with with or without Isolators (Isolated and Non-isolated). In addition to being EN54─11 compliant, the call points include a number of features designed to make installation and testing quick, easy and cost effective. The call points:
- Are loop-powered, saving wiring costs
- Have a resettable element for fast testing and resetting of the device
- Have bi-coloured LEDs to indicate fault and normal conditions
- Feature ‘plug and play’ terminal connections for fast wiring
- Allow wiring continuity testing before fitting